Student Nurse, prn

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Acid-base balance ...pH...HCO3, PCO2, CO2...*ugh*

In lecture/theory this has proven to be a difficult subject. So darn confusing to figure out if a patient in congestive heart failure is in respiratory acidosis or metabolic acidosis. It is all rattling around giving me headache. I turned to the 'www' for help some good stuff out there but on a quiz I just end up thinking in circles.... *ack!.....any suggestions?

Tomorrow--off to the ER...and yes, Neil and Chelle I'll be checking out the Doc's for you both to see their Hollywood 'factor' and let you know.

3 Comments:

  • PRN, I wish I had some advise to give you about the CHF stuff. Its completely out of my realm. I can tell you about the effects that ionizing radiation has on the nucleus of a cell....would that help? I didnt think so. ;-)

    Good luck with your studies and at the ER.

    Dustin

    By Blogger Dustin, at 3:55 PM  

  • Oh yeah baby!! and take pics, too!!! lol

    Wish I could help but thats all greek to me! :) Good luck in the ER!!

    By Blogger Michelle, at 5:35 AM  

  • Stopped through ER with the RT when I shadowed him...cool! I'm jealous... ;)
    Hh

    By Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"..., at 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home