Student Nurse, prn

Monday, March 06, 2006

Mundane...You want mundane?...Here's is my morning....

No school on Mondays...up at 8am ...wake the youngest kidlet ....tell her to get her rear in gear...get newspaper off porch...turn on heat for teapot...make the bed....turn on the Today show...plop in comfy chair...teapot boils...pour cup of tea.....sit down in chair...turn on 'puter...watch news...get distracted.....remember time...yell at kidlet to HURRY UP!!.....get out of chair ....to make oatmeal for kidlet now that she has 'NO TIME' to eat and get to school...in process of turning teapot on for the oatmeal spill entire cup of fresh tea onto counter and floor....*sigh*....finish with oatmeal, making a lunch, driving almost-late kidlet 2 BLOCKS! to school...return....fire-up teapot again...clean up entire spilled mess...SIT in comfy chair...get up......put hot water over teabag....get distracted by post-Oscars news and email, blogs....get up for tea to discover teabag leaked and now tea-leaf flakes are floating in tea....get new cup, strainer and pour tea into new cup...take that first sip of warm tea, was it not ment to be?

All I all wanted was a hot cup of tea with my newspaper and Today show before I have to study. I tried hard not to RANT but hopefully this is NOT my regular 'mundane'.


4 Comments:

  • monday mornings never seem to go my way either. i feel for ya kiddo!

    dustin

    By Blogger Dustin, at 12:52 PM  

  • I dont try to do ANYTHING in the mornings until my kids and husband are GONE to school and work!! LOL THEN I sit and enjoy my yummy coffee and news and of course blogs :)

    By Blogger Michelle, at 10:10 PM  

  • Cereal bars and poptarts. They are my kid-breakfast godsend....

    By Blogger Mona Buonanotte, at 7:21 AM  

  • I thought Jennifer Garner's comment after she tripped was a classic. "I do my own stunts" --very quick wit.

    By Blogger SVN, prn, at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home