Student Nurse, prn

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Toot....toot....

I have had a great week and I wanna too my own horn.

First, my clinical instructor was lecturing on Tuesday and practically stopped mid-sentence to say to the whole class.... "Student Nurse, prn; I want to say something to you... (me getting nervous assuming I was about to be made an example of in a not-so-good way).... I want to mention how far you have come since you were in my 'Careers in Nursing' class way back when and how much you have grown, I am so pleased"


Shock!! Pick me up off the floor!!! She's not one to single folks out so blatantly. She will give students kudos for getting a question right, etc. but this was just odd, unexpected and very flattering :o)


and there is MORE!....


Lastly, during our post-clinical session on Wednesday, one of my fellow students, said she HAD to give another student kudos because an RN in the ER was just RAVING about last weeks student and how exceptionally CONFIDENT she was (<--that was ME!) in her skills and overall abilities. It was the same RN that I mentioned was so great to me.


Gasp! Knock me over with a feather!!!

Isn't it odd when other folks can see the confidence in you that you honestly don't feel that you have? Food for thought.

3 Comments:

  • Congratulations! Toot Loud and often! I think sometimes it takes a lot to believe in yourself and your own abilities. Whilst I can see talent greatness in all my exceptional friends and fellow Student Nurses, I find it really difficult to recognise (and more difficult to admit) my own "greatness"

    Toot Toot

    By Blogger Unimum209, at 10:59 PM  

  • That's called modesty :) You go girl....!!! :) It's always nice when others notice those things. Thats so great :)

    By Blogger Michelle, at 11:17 PM  

  • That is great to hear. I am so proud of you. I am sure you deserved every kudo given!!

    I just hope i can be that confident and well received when i start my clinicals in x-ray.

    Congrats again!

    Dustin

    By Blogger Dustin, at 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home