Student Nurse, prn

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Kudos

I got a compliment from an RN today. *smiles*

I was in post-partum today teamed with a really great nurse. I mean that because she is a natural teacher. Very encouraging, explains what she is doing and why, let's you watch and then let's you try. She's not overly critical either. I have a feeling she still remembers what's it's like to be a student. She also stressed that I should go forth and get my RN ..she said, "you are too smart and you will get bored as an LVN" ...gosh, a helping of 'pat-on-the-back' goes a long way with self-esteem. And to top it off my instructor is letting me do some proceedures without her being present, that is also a good sign. Today was good.

1 Comments:

  • Great Job!!! One of the hardest things I have ever had to do was to go through basic Nursing School. It’s really tough trying to please nurses. We all tend to be so highly critical of ourselves and any one else that is involved in patient care.

    Good luck and study hard, it’s worth it a thousand times over.

    David

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home