Student Nurse, prn

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Lazy and HOT summer days (and nights)

I should be reading. I am not.

I did manage to get a couple of pleasure reading novels in during the first few weeks of summer vacation. In early July we received a list of the chapters associated to our syllabus so that we could 'get ahead' for the fall semester.
Insert:
Instant stress. I am all about 'getting ahead' but could we just have a bit more time where we truly didn't have to think about classes?

Now, I have no good excuse not to read as the place where I work has a very low census and all the regular full-time staff are fulfilling the available shifts. Add to that my departure for a two week vacation to what I consider, heaven on earth, my families very remote and rustic cabin (with no electricity, no telephone, no TV), think: silence, the smell of pine tree's, board games, propane lights, outhouses, fishing, walks, paddling the canoe and normally a juicy novel or five. Guess I'll have to see how it all feels while reading a med/surg text.. Wish me luck.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home