Student Nurse, prn

Thursday, June 30, 2005

So, you wanna be a Nurse, huh?

People keep asking me what area of Nursing I would like to go into. I wish I could answer them but I am still waiting for something to 'grab me'. For the time being I try to be open minded about each new experience I have in the clinical environment. I do know that realistically my options are some what limited because I will be a LVN. The age old battle of RN's vs. LVN's and their roles and of course the ever present cost cutting measures that facilities struggle with. I did enjoy my time in the Long Term Care/Acute Rehab facility I spent doing my CNA work but I often wonder if that is for me.....time will tell....

2 Comments:

  • Unitek College announces its LVN to RN Associate Degree Nursing Transition Program


    Unitek College has a new LVN to RN program starting in Fremont CA on April 2nd. There is no wait list for enrollment. This program is open to currently Licensed LVN's who have one year of experience working in the field. Upon completion graduates are awarded an associate of science degree in nursing You could become a Registered Nurse before the end of the year!

    Program Details

    * Program is for Licensed LVN’s
    * 2 Semesters, 16 weeks each Semester
    * 27 to 32 hours per week (approximately)
    * Theory, Clinical & Lab Included
    * NCLEX-RN Passing Assistance Guarantee
    * All Inclusive Program Price
    * Master Degree Qualified Instructors
    * High Tech clinical labs with simulation mannequins (man, woman, baby)
    * Flexible Schedules
    * Tutoring Included

    Visit our website for more details www.unitekcollege.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:51 PM  

  • LVN to RN Associate Degree Nursing Transition Program


    Unitek College introduces a brand new LVN to RN Associate Degree Program in Fremont CA beginning on April 2nd. Upon completion graduates are awarded an associate of science degree in nursing and are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN examination. This LVN to RN program DOES NOT HAVE A WAITLIST! Become a Registered Nurse in 32 weeks!

    The program consists of 2 semesters with each semester lasting 16 weeks. A student will attend classes taught by Mastered degree nurses approximately 27 to 32 hours per week to include all required Theory, Clinical and Lab hours. The students have a state of the art clinical lab that includes male, female and baby mannequins for real life simulations to ensure student success. Unitek College has a unique NCLEX-RN passing assistance guarantee that includes additional tutoring throughout the entire program for student success.
    Visit our website for more details www.unitekcollege.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home