Student Nurse, prn

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Listless and calm....

I was looking for the French word in card game I used to play as a kid called "Mille Borne" it's about an auto race and I thought one of the words was Coup de --?-- (graw?) kind of meaning the grand finale but alas Google has failed me or may patience ran out. Help anyone??

So, the title of today's blog describes my current state. I can't kick it --the listless part. I work part time from 1-9pm and on my days off I veg out. I am calm about my upcoming NCLEX-PN exam on July 12th. I know I should be a crazy woman about it but I took 4 days off of work prior and that will have to suffice for crunch studying. The feedback from classmates has been varied. But both had the exam turn off at 85-90 questions. One felt good the other completely unsure. One we heard nothing from.


Oddly, I thought I had posted since the pics. Does blogger eat posts entirely?

Today is day 3 of three off. I am nursing a pulled muscle in my lower neck upper back. Can't move my chin towards my chest or lean it back. Slept in a bad position. Damn this getting older sucks.

7 Comments:

  • dz: Thanks.

    By Blogger SVN, prn, at 6:42 AM  

  • coup de grâce (kū' də gräs') pronunciation
    n., pl. coups de grâce (kū').

    1. A deathblow delivered to end the misery of a mortally wounded victim.
    2. A finishing stroke or decisive event.

    [French : coup, stroke + de, of + grâce, mercy.]



    Go figure!!!

    By Blogger SVN, prn, at 6:45 AM  

  • I had 90 questions on the NCLEX-RN. My heart dropped when I hit 75 and it continued on.

    I also found... there is absolutely NO WAY to study for it. It is ALL priority... it was at least for me and my schoolmates...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 AM  

  • A blogfriend has been calling blogger, "clogger." Fits!

    I've heard the NCLEX figures out what you struggle with and asks more on that subject and less on topics you get correct.

    Jodi just passed hers!

    Hh

    By Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"..., at 9:04 PM  

  • PRN,

    our instructors told us that if you come away from the boards feeling like you knew nothing and probably failed then you passed, and if you came away feeling good then you failed. Go figure!

    But that is for the radiography boards, and may not be applicable to NCLEX. When my wife took the NCLEX she didnt sleep or eat much for the next few days until she found out she passed. shes a bit of a worry wort. :-) I hope you fare better.

    Keep us posted on your progress.

    Dustin
    Desert Imaging

    By Blogger Dustin, at 10:55 AM  

  • coup de grace is a french expression, but what you are thinking of is
    coup ferre [sp?]

    whenever we played a green stripe card, we always sang it out loudly- to the tune of the halleluja chorus

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:02 AM  

  • coup-fourré

    By Blogger Kelly Brown, at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home