Student Nurse, prn

Saturday, May 13, 2006

*Beep, beep* back it up baby...Pinning Ceremony and Graduation

Oh, how remiss of me not to blog about the pinning ceremony/graduation.

It was sureal. All that anticiption, planning, anxiety then it went by in such a flash. Not unlike a wedding. I want to rewind and do it again. Partly, I think, because I was nervous that I was speaking (I hate to call it a speech) therefore I was not able to absorb and relax about the event.
According to family and freinds I did well (do they EVER tell the truth?) ...well, actually I spoke too fast in the beginning then I calmed down, realized it (had a nice internal dialog) and slowed it down to finish quite well if I do say so.

Three students recieved awards from either one of the facilities we did clinicals at or from the faculty. And then the 4 remaining were also honored by the faculty ...because they could not agree on who deserved the award the most so we all got one!

Of course we all looked like a blast from the past in our nursing hats and white uniforms. Guess I'll use mine now to either loan out for Haloween or use for adult dress up *smirk*.

Afterwards, my family and a few friends went out for a nice dinner and I stayed out to have a few cocktails with some girlfriends. A nice way to end a great day.

The future begins.............

update: pics will be delayed a few days the ones my daughter took are all blurry, currently waiting for pics other family friends took.


10 Comments:

  • I'm glad your pinning ceremony was awesome... they half-assed ours because people bitched that the one in December was entirely too long. Oh well! It's over! Now off to boards we go!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 AM  

  • You could totally pimp that nurses getup every year for H'ween...trampy nurse, evil nurse, punk nurse...think of the possibilities!

    By Blogger Mona Buonanotte, at 8:58 AM  

  • Congrats!! I am so happy for you to finally be finished officially be a nurse. It must be such a weight off your shoulders. It will be a different life now, no homework, no exams, no papers. What will you do with yourself!? I am sure you will find something! ha ha, possibly involving a certain special someone and that nursing outfit. but anyway......

    I am jealeous. I know I am only a few months into my program, but I really want to be done too. i realize i still have a lot of learning to do, in class and during clinicals, but I really want to FINALLY get out of school and enter the "real world", if such a thing exists. At least getting a pay check would be nice. Well, sorry for the complaining. I am still very happy for you though.

    So what are the job prospects now that you are out? Are you applying anywhere yet? What specialties are you interested in?

    Keep us up to date.

    Dustin

    By Blogger Dustin, at 5:01 PM  

  • Congratulations!

    By Blogger Sergei C., at 10:33 AM  

  • Congratulations! So proud of you. I can't wait for the day myself. Please keep blogging on your transition into nursing!!

    By Blogger Nurse2B, at 7:48 AM  

  • Hey, just to let you know, it's http://alwaysoverlooked.blogspot.com now

    Ex boyfriends really suck.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:31 AM  

  • Wonder what you'll do with the blog and if you'll change names like JEN,SN did (with "Into the Unit".)

    Hh

    By Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"..., at 10:34 AM  

  • I have really found your post to be informative and this has compelled me to visit your blog over and over again. I'd like to thank you for your efforts in spreading academic information. Regards.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:39 AM  

  • LPN is a good career option for all the one choosing this. They train you so professional that you can treat yourself too. As people say you cant but you can. There are many programs been conducted online and in many
    LPN schools & universities.

    By Anonymous LPN Program CA, at 2:58 AM  

  • Congratulation on your graduation ceremony! If someone told you that you did well on that speech, believe them. Criticism always follows success. Anyway, you will be missing those duties in your hospital, hearing your pager beeps, and having to go to the patient to see to the matter. Well, I think you will experience more of that in your professional career.

    By Anonymous Pathane Wadler, at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home