Student Nurse, prn

Monday, April 24, 2006

I am *the* Enema Queen....

Two more weeks of clinical time left and I never had to do this. Rectal medication, yes. Enema, no. But now I can say I have the had the joy of not only administering ONE but FOUR enema's in one day.

#1 Mineral oil enema -- no results
#2 Saline enema -- no results
#3 Saline enema -- no results
#4 Warm tap water with Castile soap enema (gravity fed) -- no results

Next step? Digital disimpaction -- results, unknown, I was headed to post-clinical wrap-up and the next shift gets to handle it :o)

*whew*

7 Comments:

  • It sounds like you are very sad that you didn't get to dig that sucker out yourself... I feel your pain as far as the enemas go... :)

    (By the way... great Nursing Care plan about Senioritis... I am feelin' that too)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:36 AM  

  • Wow! You're an Enema Expert! I'm jealous! Joys of nursing, indeed!

    By Blogger dog food sugar, at 9:35 AM  

  • I've heard coffee enemas work, but I guess I'd rather drink the stuff than...well...y'know.

    'digital disimpaction'...???? Boy, you aren't paid enough to do that!

    By Blogger Mona Buonanotte, at 11:20 AM  

  • I just read thru more of your site... I am adding you to my list o' blogs :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:37 PM  

  • Mona: Yes, digital = digits = fingers (with double gloves). I need a raise, hey wait I am not even getting paid to do this crap (pun intended). LOL

    Sarah: Thanks for the add. We do seem like we might have been separated at birth. In different decades tho. Yeah, I kinda wanted to see that stubborn sucker that avoided all Fleet's had to offer. Oh well. Often we never get to see or follow thru with the things we see/start /experience.

    By Blogger SVN, prn, at 12:27 AM  

  • Be alert for the patient who absolutely loves his enema, pariculary the old-fashioned (not Fleet's bottle) kind, and who falls in love with his enema nurse. I know; I'm one of them, and have been all my life.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 AM  

  • Yes, Terry is right. I am one of those patients who doesn't mind when it is needed and my wife is my "enema nurse" when I need one.

    By Blogger Edmand, at 6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home