Student Nurse, prn

Monday, March 27, 2006

Care plans ....

We have two care plans to finish before the end of the semester.

I just finished one from on of my last weeks patient.
I will do another this week, that relieves one major item to not think about over spring break.

Patient info, medical diagnosis, pathophysiology of disease, diagnostic exams, medications, assessment, patient problem, nursing diagnosis, nursing interventions, goal, evaluation, goal met.

My instructors version of the scientific nursing process called ADPIE.


5 Comments:

  • The health field sure loves acronyms don't they? Have a great break!

    By Blogger dog food sugar, at 5:58 AM  

  • Man, I don't know if it's the City I'm in, or the Country, but we never do care plans. We hear the word occassionally, and I understand the basics (we use the APIE framework all the time).

    I wonder if care plans are an American thing....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:12 PM  

  • hmmm....I just noticed that I said APIE instead of ADPIE..

    I wouldn't mind A PIE though.

    Anyway, I'll stop wasting comment space :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:21 AM  

  • Oh my God, I think we are living the same life... Stupid care plans. I hate care plans... I plan to burn my nursing uniform, care plans and anything else not needed for NCLEX following graduation next week.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:36 PM  

  • those are helpful somehow.. makes course of action clearer..

    By Anonymous clen, at 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home