Student Nurse, prn

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Day 10 .....Motivational kick in the arse

No study group today, gotta get up the gumption to do it on my own. Take books. Start up fireplace. Get warm beverage. STUDY.


Ohhh and before I forget a recap from Thursday ....


My female patient doing well tolerating solid foods having a few BM's, talking about going out shopping with her daughter and buying her "cute cancer scarves" for her potentially balding head. She said she is a planner and is glad that she has time to process and plan the coming weeks. I wished her luck before I headed out for post clinical.


My male patient I thought had turned the corner. His NG tube had been removed. He felt better in the AM wasn't using his PCA for pain meds any longer. He agreed to a shower and was Ok'ed to have 'sips of clear liquids'. About an hour before I was ready to head off to post clinical he complained of nausea and the RN gave him some IV meds for that. Right as his surgeon came by he immediately had copious amounts (over 200ml) of bile emesis. Sheesh, needless to say I was late to post clinical. And the MD said he wanted to do another upper GI CT scan. This fella is not outta the woods yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home