Student Nurse, prn

Friday, November 25, 2005

Reflections... and dreams

I find that during this Thanksgiving time I look back at how far I have come and reflect on it and give thanks that I have made this progress.

Just 3 years ago I was unsure of making a huge life change. Could I actually go back to college? Would I be able to make it in classes with 19 year olds? Could I get grades higher than a C? How would I deal with all that and a new house, town, no local family support, no job?

I have found that thankfully when things are suppose to be it just happens --falls into place. You give yourself fully, without regret. Now, I need to be able to apply the same philosophy and freedom to my feelings in other areas of life.

I still struggle each and every day with the financial sacrifice I have made to go after this goal but knowing I am doing this to better my future and the future of my daughter's --this provides me with hope. It is a good lesson to them of how important education is and to start out with that foundation so you don't have to tackle it later in life.

There is nothing more I want right now in this world than to be a NURSE. I want the stability and comfort that a career gives. Simple stuff, why does it seem like a dream still?


3 Comments:

  • Best of luck with your goals... Your post really resonated for me. I agree, you have to make that leap of faith and if it is meant to be believe things will work out. That and a little old-fashioned hard work and we will get through this yet.

    By Blogger Nurse2B, at 8:39 AM  

  • Hang in there! I think its great that you are still so motivated after so much school. keep up the good work. Soon all the hard work you have put in will start to pay off.

    Dustin B

    By Blogger Dustin, at 1:01 PM  

  • I can sooo relate to your post. I have just completed 3 years at Uni and I still have 1 to go! I both anticipate and dread going out to work, to finally earn money, to stand proudly as a nurse and to test myself and my ability to truly stand on my own with my own responsibilities.

    By Blogger Unimum209, at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home